Hair conditioner is something we all use, but have you ever wondered what it actually does? Keep reading as we explain what hair conditioner is, what it does, and how to use a conditioner for the silkiest, smoothest-looking results.
What is conditioner?
Conditioner is a moisturising haircare product that leaves strands feeling nourished, soft and smooth. Made up of rich oils that deeply penetrate individual strands, conditioner works to repair damage, protect hair, and replenish lost moisture.
We believe it should be a key step in everyone’s haircare routine, regardless of hair type or condition.
What does conditioner do?
Put simply, conditioner helps to transform the overall texture and appearance of your hair. Its main job is to smooth strands, but a hair conditioner can also:
- Replenish lost moisture
- Repair damage
- Protect from future damage
- Make hair more manageable
- Provide rich nutrients
- Nourish hair
- Prevent breakage
With nutrient-rich formulas, conditioners smooth the cuticle to reduce frizz and increase shine, for strands that feel silky-smooth to touch.
How to use a conditioner
For the best results, you should use conditioner 2-3 times a week.
- After shampooing, apply a generous amount of conditioner to the lengths of your hair, focusing on the ends.
- Use long motions to gently work the product onto strands or use a wide-tooth comb to distribute through your lengths.
- Leave the conditioner in for around 2-5 minutes to get the most out of the product.
- When ready, thoroughly rinse the conditioner out to reveal soft, nourished strands.
Top tip: Avoid applying conditioner to your roots as it can cause unnecessary grease and weigh down your hair.
How to use leave in conditioner
Leave-in conditioner doesn’t need to be washed out, so things are a bit different.
- After shampooing, gently towel dry hair to remove excess water.
- Apply a small amount of Natural Balance Leave-In Conditioner from mid-lengths to ends.
- Gently comb through to ensure even coverage and leave it in to work its magic.
With a balanced blend of Sesame and Baobab Oils, this leave-in conditioner helps to revitalise hair and increase shine for an instantly healthier look.