Tired of battling dull skin on your face? We get it. When your skin looks dull, it lowers confidence and leaves the idea of bright skin feeling impossible to achieve. Keep reading as we explain how to get glowing skin using our range of targeted dull skin products, so you can glow the way nature intended.
Dull skin meaning
Dull skin is a lack of radiance within your complexion. It can show itself in different ways, from dry patches and ashy textures, to uneven tones and dark under eyes.
What causes dull skin?
Wondering why your skin looks dull? Believe it or not, dull skin isn’t always age or weather related. Anyone can experience dullness at any time of the year.
Some causes of dull skin include:
- Lack of sleep – skin regenerates when we sleep, so if you’re not getting the recommended 8 hours, your cells will struggle to renew
- Dead skin cells – lack of exfoliation and moisturising can lead to a build-up of dead skin which clogs pores and leaves a grey, ashy appearance
- Free radicals – air pollution creates free radicals on your skin that cause damage to skin cells, collagen and pigment production
- Clogged pores – bad habits such as leaving your makeup on and not cleansing often enough can lead to clogged pores that prevent skin from breathing
- Dehydration – when you don’t drink enough water, your skin’s moisture levels decrease which leaves a dry, deflated complexion
How to get glowing skin
For brighter skin, you’ll need to make both lifestyle and skincare changes to reduce dullness, promoting a plumper and more luminous-looking complexion.
The first step to getting rid of dull skin is cleansing. This will get rid of any leftover dirt, makeup, or oil that’s clogging your pores to allow products to penetrate the skin for brighter results.
Our Brightening Radiance Gel Cleanser uses a rich antioxidant blend to hydrate, gently exfoliate, and help prevent damage caused by environmental stressors. It removes dead skin cells, excess sebum, and makeup for a glowing complexion.